For three generations our family has pioneered the purebred business in Idaho. Starting with Herefords and now with Angus and Red Angus genetics, every day is spent improving our herd in their natural environment. As a registered seedstock operation, we are dedicated to producing quality, performance cattle based on multi-trait selection.
Our cattle have evolved from an intense AI program that focuses on proven genetics. We don’t just multiply cattle, we selectively mate large groups of half and three-quarter sisters to hand-selected sires with proven characteristics such as Muscle, Depth of Body, Structure, Maternal, Udder Quality, Fertility, and Fleshing Ability. Add to that Performance, EPD Profiles and Feed Efficiency, and you’ll find we strive to produce fault free cattle for our customers.
Knowing how well our cattle convert feed is an essential piece of the puzzle. For the past 5 years we have had the opportunity to send our fall bulls to a feed efficiency trial, which utilizes the Grow Safe System to collect data including average daily gain, residual feed intake, and feed conversion. This information is not only used to improve our own herd but offered to our customers, allowing them to improve their cow herd and bottom line.
As leaders in the purebred industry, we are committed to producing the best cattle in the breed, and are dedicated to quality customer service. It would be our pleasure to show you our operation. Visitors are always welcome!
JOIN US FOR Our 2014 SALES!
2014 Bull Sale will be held:
Wednesday February 19th, 12 p.m. MDT
We will begin serving lunch at 11 a.m.
View our sale at home on Wednesday February 19th,
on Dish Network Channel 232 (Rural TV)
Inaugural Female Sale May 24th, 2014
IN THE NEWS . . .
• 2014 Bull Sale to be held February 19th - CATALOG NOW ONLINE!! (Click here to learn more!)
• Inaugural Female Sale
May 24, 2014 (Click here to learn more!)
• Owyhee 68 Initiative
(Click here to learn more!)
• Thanks to the Buchholz and Rosson families for purchasing /S Lady Red Bull 2022Z at the Mile High Night Sale in Denver.
• Thanks to Darrell and Elizabeth Reisch for purchasing the "Pick of the Herd Flush" in Reno at the Western Nugget Sale.
ARCHIVE NEWS . .• Shaw Family Named
Canyon County Farm Family
of the Year 2011
• Shaw Bulls “Put to the Test” in Feed Efficiency Trial
• Shaw Inducted Into Hereford Hall of Fame - American Hereford Association
•Hall of Fame Inductees Honored
• Front-Load Calving Season
-Beef Breeder's Journal
•Genetics stacked with years of predictability
• Idaho Hereford Breeders Tour hosted by Shaw Cattle Co.